Thursday, February 10, 2011

Why I'm a crappy blogger.



I am a terrible blogger. There. I said it.

But it's true! I am awful about updates often enough to keep any audience coming back. I'm no good at keeping it brief and spend way more time than any human should agonizing over every word in my posts. I always think about things that would make a great blog post but when it's time for the fingers to hit the keys, I instead become interested in that massive pile of (previously ignored) laundry.

I am Emily and I suck at blogging.

I would like to say for the record, there are things I am good at. Cooking, for one. Singing is another. I like to think I'm pretty good at my job. I also excel at eating peanut butter, being a complete type A, ignoring speed limit signs, talking very fast, and picking the fastest line at the grocery store. 

I want to be a better blogger. I have a lot to say when it comes to food. And let's be honest, I have a lot to say about things period. Talking about food and teaching people how the heck you cook it are passions of mine. I get excited about perfect french toast, irritated at people who think twinkies are a fine dessert, and feel compelled to tell anyone who will listen how simple it is to make you own pasta sauce.

I am Emily and I love to talk. About food.

The main purpose of this blog is to give me a place to talk all about food and cooking, but I hope it will also function as a place for lively discussion, a home for my favorite recipes, and, most importantly, a place where people can learn something that inspires them.

Is the fourteenth time a charm? I'm pretty sure that's how many times I've tried to start a blog. Whatever. I'm trying! That's the first step, right?

No comments:

Post a Comment