Today is the day you get to meet chipotle yogurt. Just a word of warning, don't make this with tortilla chips in the house. Because you probably won't have any left.
This sauce is great on sandwiches, salads or as a dip. Try swapping it out for mayo whenever you'd like to save some calories and take the heat up a notch.
Makes approx. 2 ¼ cups of yogurt
- 2/3 cup light plain cream cheese
- 1 ½ cup greek yogurt
- 1-3 chipotle peppers
- 1-3 tbsp. adobo sauce
- Blend the cream cheese and greek yogurt together in a food processor.
- Add the peppers in one at a time with 1 tbsp. of the sauce, tasting in between until proper spice level is achieved.
Tips and Tricks:
- Where can you find chipotle peppers and adobo sauce, you ask? Check with the Mexican foods at your grocery store. You should be able to find a can of chipotle peppers in adobo sauce.
- Adding in the peppers and sauce one at a time will allow you better control over the spice level. 1 would be a medium, 2 would be a hot, 3 a very hot, etc. If you accidentally make it too spicy, you can balance it out a little by adding more cream cheese.
Need an idea for using the yogurt in a meal? Try this out:
Brush a pita lightly with olive oil. Place in a skillet on medium heat and sprinkle chili powder, cumin, salt and pepper on the oiled side facing up. Cook for 2-3 minutes on each side until crisped. Serve topped with black beans, sliced tomatoes, onions, lettuce and chipotle yogurt drizzled over the top.